About Boundary Bend Limited
Boundary Bend Limited, established in 1998, is a leading player in the global ‘modern’ olive industry and is Australia’s largest olive farmer and producer of extra virgin olive oil.
We own 2.2 million producing trees on over 6,070 hectares of pristine Australian farmland. Our world class olive groves, located in the Murray Valley region of north-west Victoria, are flagship groves in the Australian industry and have been awarded ‘Olive Grove of the Year’ by the Australian Olive Association in 2005 and 2008.
We are the leading marketer of premium Australian extra virgin olive oil and own Australia’s two top-selling homegrown olive oil brands, Cobram Estate and Red Island. We are also a manufacturer of olive harvesters, owners of Australia’s largest olive tree nursery and olive oil bottling, storage and laboratory facility, and innovators in all aspects of the “new world” olive industry.
In July of 2014, Boundary Bend purchased a 9 acre industrial property in Woodland California for the construction of an olive oil mill, bottling facilities, olive oil laboratory, and administrative offices. This site will serve as the initial production facility for Boundary Bend in California. Subsequent facilities are planned in other areas of the state as production volumes increase. The city of Woodland was selected due to its geographic proximity as an agricultural hub and is ideally located for transportation of products to the West Coast and broader US market. The launch of US operations comes after several years of analysis of the rapidly growing US market, and aligns with the companies mission to produce high quality, locally grown Extra Virgin olive oils in key markets. US consumers are showing a preference for higher quality Extra Virgin olive oils as a healthy enhancement to their everyday culinary experience.
At Boundary Bend we believe we can replicate the success of the vertically integrated Australian business model in the US, taking a conservative, sustainable, and long term approach to the development of the US business strategy. We are excited by the tremendous success achieved to date by the Californian olive industry and look forward to working with the growers and processors to grow the demand for high quality Californian Extra Virgin olive oils.
With an unwavering focus on quality, innovation and customer satisfaction through all facets of our business, Boundary Bend is rapidly developing a global reputation as one of the leading players in the modern olive industry. Critical to our success has been our ability to consistently produce premium quality extra virgin olive oil in large and growing quantities.
The result is a business that is unsurpassed in the olive industry and is gaining recognition as a significant player in the international industry.
The BBL Group:
- Owns approximately 2.2 million olive trees on 6,070 hectares located at Boort and Boundary Bend;
- owns and operates two of the world’s top 10 olive oil processing plants with combined capacity of 95 tonnes of fruit per hour;
- processed 75,000 tonnes of olives in 2013 producing approximately 13.6 million litres of olive oil;
- operates a specialist olive nursery, supplying commercial growers as well as wholesaling olive trees to retail chain stores and other nurseries;
- owns a 9.2 hectare industrial facility on the Western fringes of Melbourne with offices, bottling operations and warehouses covering approximately 20,000 m²;
- owns Australia’s top 2 home-grown olive oil brands, Cobram Estate and Red Island;
- operates a specialist bulk olive oil storage from its premises in Corio;
- provides technical advice to growers who contribute to approximately 65% of the Australian production;
- provides olive oil analysis and research through its own olive oil laboratory that holds both IOC, AOCS and NATA/ISO accreditation;
- provides olive oil bottling, packaging and warehousing services;
- supplies a number of private label brands with both finished good and bulk oil, both domestically and internationally;
- manufactures and services the “Colossus” olive harvesters; and
- owns 9 acres of industrial property in Woodland California;
- owns 1,500 hectares of freehold land, highly suitable for olive development, with significant reserves of water in the province of San Juan, Argentina.